Lesson 1 Tasks
- Open up Squeak Etoys
- Show the Etoys welcome screen.
- The car is an Etoys sketch.
- An Etoys script tells a sketch what to do.
- Etoys is all about making sketches and scripting them.
- A project is a kind of box where you put your work.
- Click "Make a project" to start a new project.
- Give a name to your project.
- The area at the top is called the toolbar.
- Click the paint icon in the toolbar to start a sketch.
- The rectangle where you can draw is called the paint canvas.
- To draw, click the mouse pointer, hold it, and move the mouse.
- The box to the right of the paint canvas is the paint toolbox.
- Use the eraser tool to erase parts of your sketch.
- Click the clear button to erase everything on the canvas.
- Use the color palette to change the color.
- Use the bucket tool to fill in enclosed areas with a color.
- Click the keep button to keep your sketch and exit canvas.
- Move your sketch by dragging it with the mouse pointer.
- Click the undo button to remove the last thing you did.
- Paint pours out of an area if it's not closed.
- Choosing previous colors from the paint toolbox.
- It's good to make many little ones, so you can play with them.
- Click the quit icon in the toolbar to end, which saves your work.
- Open your project by clicking the journal icon and the project's restore icon.
Draw something that contains other things, such as a pond or fish tank, then draw five sketches to put inside it, such as fish or plants. Some sketches should overlap.