Lesson 30 Tasks
- Switch from one image to another by setting the cursor explicitly.
- Use parameters to replace similar code that differs only by numbers.
- To add a parameter, choose "add parameter" from the script menu.
- The script tile in the viewer now has a colon and a number after it.
- Drag the "Number" tile in the script to the number you want to change.
- The number after the colon in each tile will replace "Number" in the script.
- The object catalog contains many objects you can use in Etoys
- The next page button behaves identically to the right arrow in the book.
- Click the question mark in the toolbar to explore the help system.
- Let us know your experiences by clicking "contact" at waveplace.com.
- Have fun Squeaking!
Make three sibling sketches that move around the screen at
varying speeds, as indicated by their "speed" variable.
Create a "changeSpeed" script that uses a parameter to
change the "speed" variable. Create another script that
changes the speed to a random value whenever the mouse
pointer touches the sketch. You should use the changeSpeed
script to change the speed. Don't change it directly.